Generally; parents suffer a lot from the various earaches which are complained by their kids. Earaches occur due to different reasons. Sometimes ear infections cause earaches, There are instances you have to manage earaches which are caused by ear infections. As we all know; there is a huge problem with being resistant for antibiotics. Therefore; it seems to be that depending on home remedies for such ear infections is pretty much wiser than ever. That is why; we thought to make a post depending on home remedies for ear infections in children with the idea of giving a brief explanation with reference to the ear infections and their management.
What are the effective home remedies for ear infections in children?
Assume that your child is screaming because of an earache in the night. Or there is no way to go to the hospital. In such a situation, knowing about at least a one home remedy will be useful for you. So, we are going to discuss a few of the most practical as well as effective home remedies for you.
- Olive oil
- Adjusting the position of sleeping
- steaming with warm and moist air
Let us consider these home remedies one by one in detail.
Olive oil as one of the home remedies for ear infections in children
As we all know; olive oil is a very popular cooking oil. There are thousands of people who use olive oil for cooking. Though olive oil is considered as a cooking oil, it offers so many benefits. Here, we are going to talk about how olive oil acts as an effective home remedy for ear infections in children.
How to use olive oil for baby ear infection treatment?
This is how you should administrate olive oil.
- First of all; you have to adjust the head in a way of affected ear positions facing upward.
- Open up the ear canal by pulling the outer ear or the auricle backward.
- Just drop 2-3 drops of olive oil into the ear canal.
- Massage the skin around the opening of the ear canal in order to facilitate the oil flow into the inner ear.
- Just wait for around 10 minutes so that oil will flow to the inner ear very well.
- Finally; wipe all the remaining oil around the ear canal.
You have to follow the above-described procedure twice a day and then you have to continue the procedure for around 2-3 days.
But, you have to stay with alert whether the child develops fever or not. If the child develops the fever within a few days, immediately, it is necessary to see a doctor. Though you are trying out olive oil as a home remedy, make sure to keep an eye on your child.
For more information, check out here
How to get rid of the pain in ear using steaming with warm and moist air?
Breathing of warm and moist air assists in reducing the swelling in the upper airway. When the upper airway has been swollen, it makes a pressure against the eardrum. There a pain is developed. Keeping the kid in a bathroom filled with steam or else using a large basin or a bowl filled with hot water will be really helpful. It is enough to keep the kid up to 15-20 minutes while exposing the warm and moist air.
In addition; it is possible to use warm air coming from the hair dryer at the lower settings. The heat comes with the air can dry the water in the ear. It is really effective using this remedy after using swimming pools.
Other than that; a hot water bottle wrapped with a damp towel can be kept for a few minutes in order to get rid of the pain in the ear. Moreover; a sock filled with rice can also be used after heating by keeping in the microwave oven.
Let us discuss how to reduce the ear pain in children via adjusting the position of sleeping through the upcoming paragraphs.
If your child is older than one year, of course, you can use an additional pillow in order to make adjustments in the sleeping position of the child. In that way; it is possible to lower the pooling of the fluid in the middle ear.
What can you do for pain-relieving?
If the child shows a persistent ear pain or a somewhat severe pain, of course, it is time to see a medical professional. Rather than seeing a family physician, it is perfect if you can see a pediatrician.
In case of making difficult the child sleeps, doctors prescribe mild OTC [Over-The-Counter] painkillers/ pain relievers.
Here, we would like to state a few of the OTC pain relievers which require the prescription made by a pediatrician or any qualified medical professional.
There are a large number of aspects to be considered when introducing this kind of pain relievers.
- Just consider the weight of the child in order to determine the precise dose of the above-mentioned pain relievers.
- Determination of the dose depending on the age of the child is not practical. Therefore; always consider the weight of the child.
- Keep in your mind thoroughly that you should not introduce any pain reliever to infants who are 0-3 months old without the supervision of a medical professional.
- Almost all of the pharmaceutical manufacturers provide measuring cups with the retail packaging. Always use the provided measuring cup for measuring the appropriate amount of the syrup-based medications.
Just go through the following video so that you will be able to enhance your knowledge regarding home remedies for various ear infections.
We hope that now you have gained a considerable background knowledge regarding home remedies for ear infections in children. But, again we would like to advise you guys it is not wiser to depend on home remedies for a longer period of time. Keep an eye on the child all the time. It is necessary to see whether any kind of fluid comes from the ear or the pain gets continued. If any of these conditions continue, make sure to see a pediatrician as soon as possible.